A dynamic, expanding, innovative software company, based in the heart of Michigan, seeks a Solutions Architect to work in a fast paced high-tech environment. Will work with products with a number of emergent technologies, including: data visualization, location intelligence and mash-ups. Would join a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner working with global leaders such as Pfizer, Reuters, Proctor & Gamble, Toyota and the U.S. government to deliver award winning solutions to a broad array of scenarios. This is a salaried position and includes a full benefit package, though relocation expenses are not included.
The Solutions Specialist (A.K.A., Sr. Sales Engineer) will be the technical resource for the sales team. This individual must be able to articulate our Solutions using sophisticated visual fusion technology to both business and technical influencers and decision-makers during the pre-sales process. This position includes direct interactions with potential and existing customers to design solutions and ensure that technical and business considerations are appropriately understood and addressed.
Ideal candidates should possess:
- Ability to identify and communicate creative solutions to business and technical problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including listening skills
- Enthusiastic approach
- Ability to lead small group sessions (e.g., requirements and design sessions with users or IT staff)
- Attention to detail
- Experience with documentation and problem resolution
- Experience producing high and mid-level project estimates
- Desire to work agilely and collaboratively
- Ability to multi-process
- Eagerness to explore and learn
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle (historical development experience preferred)
- Experience gathering and documenting high-level business, user interface and data requirements to guide agile development
- Working knowledge of web development, relational databases, common technology stacks and architectures including:
- Web services/SOAP/REST/WCF
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Data Warehousing/OLAP and ETL processing
- Microsoft .Net framework and SharePoint experience preferred
Please email your resume to <a href="ProPower.
Base Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Full-Time Employee
Industry: Computer Software
Manages Others: No
Req’d Education: 4 Year Degree
Req’d Experience: 5+ years
Req’d Travel: 10-25%
Relocation Covered: No
Hygieia is looking for a couple bright, motivated problem-solvers who want to grow professionally – while growing a great Ann Arbor company:
– Quality Engineer
– Senior Software Engineer
Capital Area District Library is requesting proposals from qualified vendors for information architecture services as described in the pdf found at http://www.cadl.org/about/bids/CADL-Info-Arch.pdf/at_download/file The Capital Area District Library will accept proposals until 5 p.m. Wednesday, August 17, 2011. Please contact Sheryl Knox, Technology Director, at email@example.com with any questions regarding this request.
A selection of information from the RFQ:
Scope of Services
CADL is seeking professional information architecture and user experience (UX) design services to assist us in creating the “blueprint” for a remodeled online branch. We envision the following activities:
- Develop a deep understanding of the content, functionality, and target audiences that CADL will have already identified and described for the online branch.
- Categorize and label content and tasks in a user-centric architecture.
- Create a navigation system.
- Create a strategy for improving search.
- Create one or more wireframes for the architecture and navigation.
- Test the wireframe(s) with users.
- Based on user feedback, improve and finalize wireframes.
- Create specifications and documentation to be used for engaging a web development firm to
create the online branch.
- Provide input into the selection of an appropriate Content Management System (CMS). (CADL
staff is currently engaged in an evaluation process.)
- Depending on outcome of CMS selection, potentially create a taxonomy in support of the
Your proposal must include:
- A description of the firm including contact information, history, size, range of services, and volume of work.
- Identification of the principal in charge for our project and any other staff proposed for work on it, setting forth roles and responsibilities, including the resume of the principal.
- Using the size and complexity of our current web presence as a guide for the scale of the project, a proposal outlining your recommended plan of action addressing all of the envisioned activities in Scope of Activities above. As a budget-stretching measure, your recommendations as to the degree to which your firm will perform these activities vs. guide CADL staff in performing or assisting with activities should be included in your proposal.
- Estimated fees, showing details as to how they are calculated. (Proposed activities, number of hours per activity, hourly rate, expenses, etc.)
- List of similar work your firm has conducted. Include at least 3 references that can provide information on your firm’s work during the past two years.
For more information and to apply, please visit the online posting (pdf).
Campbell-Ewald is looking for a Senior-level Interactive Content Strategist to create content strategy deliverables (content audits, gap analyses, style guides, content migration plans, governance models, publishing workflows, etc.) across the project lifecycle.
As a key member of our Interactive Strategy team, you will collaborate closely with our Information Architecture team, as well as people from our Creative, Strategy, Social Media, and Client Technology groups to define the content needs of web sites, emails, social profiles, and digital/mobile applications we create.
- Developing content strategies based on client business objectives and user needs
- Determining projects’ overall content requirements and potential content sources
- Developing innovative solutions for content presentation, including content management, workflow, maintenance, and optimization
- Recommending and planning for content delivery across appropriate channels
- Working with client to enhance, edit and reformat legacy and newly created content
- Ensuring content conforms to Search Engine Optimization best practices
- Setting guidelines for the editorial tone, style, and voice of all content
- Develop and manage content governance models, including processes and dependencies such as key roles (e.g. author, editor, approver, reviewer etc.) and responsibilities per role
- Author and deliver presentation of key findings to Account Services and clients
- Demonstrated ability to lead content strategy across the entire web development process
- Thorough understanding of how to communicate effectively in a digital environment
- Expert level attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in client services and negotiating business decisions
- High tolerance for ambiguity matched only by your desire to organize it
- Five+ years experience in creating/writing content for Web or other digital media (interactive or marketing agency experience preferred)
- Degree in related field, such as English, journalism, technical writing, or library science
- Previous experience in professional print, digital or broadcast media
- Experience with content management systems, digital asset management, databases and SEO best practices
- Expertise (at minimum working knowledge) of digital public relations and social media best practices
- Mad skillz with OmniGraffle/Visio, Keynote/PowerPoint, Excel/Numbers, and analytics suites
For more information and to apply, please visit the online posting.</p
Enlighten, a digital marketing agency in Ann Arbor is seeking a User Experience Architect to join the User Experience Strategy team on a contract basis with the potential for full time.
As a UX Architect at Enlighten, you’ll research and develop intuitive user interfaces that meet both user and business objectives using tools such as wireframes, personas, and prototypes. You’ll work closely with content strategists, client stakeholders, visual designers, creative leads, engineers, and analytic and social media experts to shape the information architecture, usability, and interaction design of the digital experience – websites, mobile applications, and social media.
- Lead strategic research efforts to determine what types of research and artifacts are appropriate within projects; coordinate existing research inputs and new efforts. Use a wide range of general, industry, and site-specific research inputs to develop a user-centered plan for design and features.
- Build a thorough understanding of business and user needs. Conduct stakeholder interviews to determine business and site objectives and help clients integrate online processes with offline business practices. Employ a variety of user research techniques to bring new insights into how clients understand their users’ interactive needs.
- Work collaboratively to translate business requirements, user goals and creative strategy into engaging experiences.
- Observe, conduct and analyze qualitative and quantitative user research, such as focus groups, interviews and surveys. Design and conduct user testing including prototype and post-launch evaluation.
- Clearly and concisely communicate impactful findings to clients, designers, engineers, and other project stakeholders.
- Create and refine necessary documentation to develop user experience and provide needed deliverables to other project members, such as content inventories, heuristic evaluations, task analysis, CMS content models, user scenarios, personas, site maps, wireframes and other specifications.
- Maintain awareness of evolving UX standards and best practices while continually seeking to innovate and revolutionize processes and deliverables that lead to internal efficiencies as well as client satisfaction. Be an ambassador advocating for the user and UX Research within the company and industry.
- Three to five or more years of experience as an Information Architect (IA), User Experience (UX) Specialist, Interaction Designer (IxD), or any other role which involves strategizing and architecting user experience design for high-traffic, dynamic digital properties. Interactive agency experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design and HCI principles as applied to current Web and app technologies.
- Experience designing and conducting usability tests and using site diagramming software, such as Visio or Axure.
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to closely collaborate as a part of a team comprised of business, creative and technical types.
- Work effectively with project managers to meet expectations on time and on budget.
- Ability to articulate and present ideas based on sound user experience and interaction design principles.
Enlighten offers a generous benefits package, along with an attractive compensation and bonus plan. If you’d like to join their team, check out their website. To apply for this position, send cover letter and resume to jobs AT enlighten DOT com.