The Michigan User Experience Professionals Association (MI UXPA) is a chapter of the User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA).
What do we do?
- Promote and support the principles of usability and user-centered design in products, software, and websites for Michigan companies.
- Bring user interface designers, usability engineers, human factors engineers, and more together to network and learn.
- Organize and hold events on topics of interest to our members. Events may be a formal presentation or workshop on a usability-related topic.
Who are our members?
Our members are people whose jobs and/or interests are the design and optimization of product user interfaces and website user experiences. They include:
- user experience professionals
- interaction designers
- information architects
- accessibility specialists
- content strategists
- business analysts
- human factors engineers
- industrial engineers
- graphic designers
- web developers
- software developers
- technical communicators
We’re a fascinating and diverse group of professionals who help Michigan companies better match business needs with customer/end-user needs
Do we charge for attending meetings?
Meetings typically cost $10 for International UXPA members, $10 for full-time non-working students, and $20 for all others. For less than the price of a movie, you get food and a presentation with plenty of networking opportunities.
Do you have to join the international UXPA?
Everyone is welcome to join our mailing list for free and find out about Michigan UXPA events, and our events are open to everyone that would like to come.
We encourage membership in the UXPA because of all of the additional benefits (you can learn more at on the UXPA website). UXPA membership gives you discounts to our meetings and allows you to vote in our chapter elections and the opportunity to be an officer and help shape and drive the chapter.
Where do we meet?
To keep the chapter as convenient as possible to all members, we alternate our meeting locations between metro Detroit, Ann Arbor, Lansing, and Grand Rapids. We recognize that Michigan is a big place and we want to provide members with variety in our meeting locations.
We typically hold our meetings at local companies that offer to host them. A growing list of companies and universities that have hosted are events includes:
- Michigan State University
- Quicken Loans
- Soar Technologies
- Tec-Ed, Inc.
- Thomson Gale
- University of Michigan
- Washtenaw Community College
Hosting our events at various local companies offers benefits all around:
- For the Michigan UXPA, it allows us to continue to run this organization on a tiny budget
- For event attendees, it keeps the event price very low, and it allows them to visit different companies in the state
- For the companies who host, it provides a convenient venue for their employees (right outside their office) and it also gives them an opportunity to promote their company and the products they sell
Please help us to maintain this interesting mix and mobility by considering hosting an upcoming event. Contact us for more information.