User Experience Designer
University of Michigan MLibrary, Ann Arbor
The User Experience (UX) Department at the University of Michigan Library is seeking a talented and enthusiastic UX Designer. The ideal candidate will be able to create beautiful and usable interfaces, have a passion for understanding users, strong problem solving skills, and be invested in improving the library web experience. The UX Designer will focus on interface design but also take part in the full range of departmental duties, including user research/usability, accessibility, and web analytics. The UX Designer works in a collaborative team environment and participates in all stages of development – from concept to implementation.
This position will be a FULL-TIME, TWO-YEAR term appointment with the possibility of renewal. See the full job posting for more information and instructions for applying.
Contact Suzanne Chapman (suzchap-at-umich.edu) with any questions about the position.
Direct link to job posting: http://umjobs.org/job_detail/65627/user_experience_designer
Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. The company’s products and services are designed to foster academic excellence and professional development, increase student engagement, improve learning outcomes and deliver authoritative information to people whenever and wherever they need it. Through the company’s unique position within both the library and academic markets, Cengage Learning is providing integrated learning solutions that bridge from the library to the classroom.
Position Title Location (click on each link below for details–opens new window):
Job Location: Livonia, MI
Market Strategies is seeking a Research Director for the Usability Research & Consulting Group. The Research Director is responsible for developing relationships with current clients and prospects to generate new business, growing existing accounts, design and deliver custom research studies and ensuring that all deliverables given to clients meet or exceed expectations.
- Develop business relationships with new and existing clients.
- Prepare proposals for custom, projects involving high-end design.
- Serve as the primary client contact for all project-related issues and oversee project teams.
- Ensure the project and research design of each study meets the client’s objectives.
- Manage project budgets to ensure profitability and, as determined on a case-by-case basis, specific revenue goals.
- Conduct analysis and write reports.
- Presents research findings
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sales of usability services or website consulting services, including direct client relationship and account management.
- Minimum 4 years of designing, conducting and managing customer experience evaluation of website, software or hardware projects including recruiting, questionnaire design, moderating usability test sessions, analysis and reporting of results.
- Ability to travel to client locations up to 40% of the time if necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced degree in human factors-related discipline (cognitive psychology, industrial design/engineering, human-computer interaction, information science, etc.).
- Experience conducting research within one or more of our core industry groups: Communications, Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare and Technology.
- Experience in selling and/or conducting website analytics reporting services using WebTrends, Omniture, Google Analytics, or similar.
- Familiarity with quantitative market research services: Brand studies, customer satisfaction modeling, discreet choice/conjoint, market segmentation, or messaging & communications.
Interested parties should direct inquiries to Shelly Wolfson, Corporate HR Manager, email@example.com, 734-779-6876.
Scoresby Interactive has a growing need for UX specialists and, to a lesser extent, web designers (graphic artists) to work on a wide range of projects across the U.S. and Canada. I’m reaching out to a few people I know to see if you might be aware of anyone who might be interested. If so, please forward this information on to them.
For at least the next 6-9 months, opportunities will likely be sporadic, so they might not be something that one would quit his/her “real” job for. But they are good for supplementing one’s income, for stay-at-home parents, and/or for people who are already consulting in the UX space. Here are a few specifics:
- We design web sites, employee tools, B2B portals, intranets, etc. for large and mid-sized companies in all kinds of industries. Currently, however, we are focusing on growing our Employee Productivity Group.
- Immediate needs are in the retail, hospitality, and restaurant industries, so experience researching and designing in these spaces is a plus.
- There are opportunities for both client-facing consultants and behind-the-scenes support personnel.
- Consultants work directly with clients with varying degrees of autonomy and leadership, depending on experience and demonstrated ability.
- Support personnel assist consultants by rendering sketches, creating/proofing test reports, etc. – also with varying degrees of autonomy depending on experience and ability.
- The majority of work is done from home, though consultants in leadership roles may need to travel for 1-2 days now and then to kick off projects, conduct an on-site study, etc. Travel is paid, of course.
- All contractors provide their own tools, but typically the Microsoft Office suite is sufficient.
- Time commitments vary, but most projects average about 20-30 hours per week for consultants, and 10-20 hours per week for support personnel.
- Projects can last anywhere from 1 to 3 months.
- Pay can vary depending on the contractor’s role, the expertise level, and the project.
Interested parties can send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or they can contact me directly at the email address below. Thanks!
Dr. Kevin Scoresby, President
ForeSee is a top-rated web satisfaction management company. We utilize the methodology of the most
respected, credible and well-known measure of customer satisfaction in the country, the American
Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), to link customer satisfaction to measurable business results. We can
be found online at http://www.ForeSee.com.
We are currently seeking a Usability Auditor to conduct usability audit reviews aimed at improving
the interface of websites to enhance the user experience. The Usability Auditor participates in all
phases of the usability audit review delivery process—from conducting in-depth usability audits to
delivering results verbally and in written format to the client. Specialized training will be provided
- Review satisfaction data and communicate with Satisfaction Research Analysts to
determine area of focus for usability audit
- Conduct usability audits and write up expert usability evaluations
- Conduct usability reviews of prototypes, including wireframes and requirements documents
- Manage our proprietary usability audit database application
- Conduct ad hoc research regarding usability principles and best practices
- Act as internal resource regarding usability and the Usability Audit Review service
- Be part of a great team of smart, friendly Usability professionals.
- Take part in “Extreme Snack Day” with enthusiasm rather than skepticism.
- You will have a Master’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or other
related discipline and a minimum of one (1) year of relevant usability experience (or) a
Bachelor’s Degree in HCI and a minimum of 3 years of relevant usability experience in an
- You are sharp, self-directed, eager to learn, extremely detail-oriented, well-organized, and
adapt easily to a fast-paced environment
- You will have the ability to work well with a variety of high-profile clients
- You have excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- You have a good eye and the ability to make great recommendations
- You have the ability to clearly convey methodologies and report findings verbally and in written form
- You have the ability to create deliverables that are simple and direct
- You’re a self-proclaimed master in Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Snag It, and virtual meeting
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- You are a good communicator and are good with people.
- You have the ability to present in-person, over the phone, and virtually with confidence
For more information and to apply, visit the Foresee Results job posting.