Save the date for the next Michigan User Experience Professional Association (MiUXPA) event on July 9 in Sterling Heights!
- Enjoy an evening of industry case studies about innovation using human-centered design.
- Meet other user experience practitioners and people interested in applying UX at startups.
- Check out a southeast Michigan regional hub for startups and emerging businesses.
WHAT: User Experience Innovation in Healthcare, Military, and Automotive Applications
WHEN: July 9, 2018, 6-8pm
WHERE: The Velocity Collaboration Center at the Macomb-Oakland University Incubator, 6633 Eighteen Mile Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48314 (Directions on Google Maps)
The evening will feature 3 case studies about local projects involving augmented reality, human factors, and data analytics. More about the speakers and their case studies will be announced in June.
There will also be time to network with other attendees and a chance to learn about what else is happening in the UX world in the region. Pizza and soft drinks will be provided by our hosts, the Macomb-OU Incubator.
The event will be free for UXPA International members and $5 for non-members. Registration will be available in early June.
Mark Monday, July 9th on your calendar and plan to join us at 6pm for a great event! Watch this website and @MichiganUXPA for more information. Sign up for our email list to be sure not to miss the details.
Contact us if you have questions and comments.
You can also save the date for other MiUXPA events coming up later in the year:
September 6: An architectural tour of downtown Detroit, with discussions of the convergence of physical and digital spaces, as part of Detroit Month of Design.
November 8: World Usability Day, with a half-day conference at Michigan State and other events elsewhere in Southeast Michigan.
Join Michigan UXPA as we participate in World Usability Day and celebrate its 2017 theme of “Inclusion through User Experience” on Thursday, November 9!
We will be partnering with Michigan State University (MSU) Usability/Accessibility Research and Consulting (UARC) in East Lansing during the day and with Refresh Detroit in downtown Detroit at Grand Circus during the evening.
- Date/Time: Thursday, November 9, 2017 from 8:30am – 3:00pm
- Location: Michigan State University Union Ballroom (49 Abbot Rd, East Lansing, MI 48824) and Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center (219 S. Harrison Road, East Lansing, Michigan 48824)
Learn More & Registration: $25 at UARC’s World Usability Day Registration Page
- Date/Time: Thursday, November 9, 2017 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Location: Grand Circus (1570 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI 48226)
Learn More & Registration: $5 at Refresh Detroit’s Registration Page
Michigan UXPA is partnering with WardsAuto to present its 2017 User Experience Conference in Novi, MI, on Thursday, October 5. The conference showcases discussions on human-machine-interface topics and connects UX research and design professionals to new technologies for mobility experiences.
- Workshop on UX methodology from Pillar Technology, “Hands-On Design Thinking for Automotive Innovation” – as seating is limited, register for the 11:00 AM session when you first register for the conference.
- Center Stage Discussion compares and contrasts philosophies and designs based on the most-recent J.D. Power research and explores new paths for UX designers and safety engineers to follow in the future.
- Networking with hundreds of automotive professionals involved in UX
- Many other panel discussions covering topics such as The New HMI, Turbocharging Connectivity, Machine Intelligence and Deep Learning, and the Newest Concepts and Tech for Enhancing UX.
- See the full conference agenda.
Hope to see you there on October 5!
If you cannot be there, follow @MichiganUXPA on Twitter for live updates from the conference.