November 14, 2006
A full day of free workshops and presentations on the topics of usability and accessibility as they relate to everything from web sites to automobiles.
- Live Web Site Evaluations (Dave Mitropoulos-Rundus)
- Community-based user research (Jeff Grabill)
- New Communication Technology for the Deaf (Christopher Hunter)
- Vehicle Order Management Usability (Chad Esselink)
- “Products for People” Podcasts (Tim Keirnan and Tom Brinck)
- Driver Distraction Research (Paul A. Green)
August 16, 2006
Survey of User Interface Prototyping Tools
Brian Phelps, Pfizer.
August 9, 2006
Obsession: Finding the Sympathetic Heart of Design
Tom Brinck, Creative Director, A9.com.
June 27, 2006
SnagIt 8 – The Challenge of (Re)designing a Successful Product, TechSmith Corp.
Balancing your product’s user experience between ease of use, the ability to discover its capabilities and creating an overall positive response is a tall order, but when you get it right, the payback is worth the effort.
May 18, 2006
Usability Practitioners and Technical Communicators–Kindred Spirits?
A panel of four speakers discussing how usability and technical communication intersect, overlap, or occasionally have areas of contention
- Mary Jane Northrop, Enlighten
- Gina Tecos, Usability Engineer at Compuware Corporation
- Laurie Kantner, Director of Client Services at Tec-Ed, Inc.
- Timothy Keirnan, Jackson National Life Insurance
February 20-23, 2006
Internet User Experience 2006 conference
A conference spotlighting methods for dramatically improving today’s web site user experience.