Modern user interface design systems pave the way for organizations to create a cohesive digital experience across multiple products and platforms by enabling consistency, efficiency, and scalability. Design systems are a way for disparate product teams within a company to design and develop products and services that align with a core set of shared principles, styles, and patterns.
- Why should your organization have a design system? How do you start a design system project?
- How should a design language be organized to create a cohesive system?
- What are the best approaches to getting stakeholders and critical teams involved to ensure it becomes a truly useful tool for cross-functional collaboration?
Join Michigan UXPA for our contribution to Detroit Month of Design and learn a systematic framework to plan, promote, and launch a design system as well as how to create buy-in for one throughout a company’s culture.
- Date & Time: Monday, September 9th, 6-8pm
- Location: College for Creative Studies, A. Alfred Taubman Center for Design Education (8th floor), 460 W. Baltimore Ave, Detroit, MI 48202
- Cost to attend: $5 for professionals (includes dinner sponsored by Vitamin T), free for CCS students (but they need to sign up ahead of time). Register now!
The event will feature case studies and lessons learned from senior design practitioners at United Wholesale Mortgage and VMLY&R. Each will detail best practices for synthesizing design into a coherent system and recommend approaches for placing design systems at the center of a team’s workflow.
- The parts that make up a design system
- How the parts assemble to create a unified design language
- Critical strategies for both stakeholder approval and team adoption
Sponsor the event
Sponsorships are available for $200. Your organization gets recognized for supporting the community. You can display information, like job openings or service offerings, at the event. Sponsors also get up to 10 free tickets: after paying $200 at Eventbrite, we will contact you to get your list of attendees. Go to Eventbrite for pay for your sponsorship!
- #DetroitMonthOfDesign: to be part of the month’s activities
- #MiUXPA: to mention the organizing group
- #DesignSystems: to be part of global discussion about design systems
Partners and Sponsors
Food Sponsor: Vitamin T. After 30 years as an industry leader, Aquent has proven our ability to help clients of all shapes and sizes find the best Creative, Digital and Marketing talent on the planet. With the addition of Vitamin T, we’ve expanded on what we’ve learned and we focus on the unique needs of thriving companies who rely on innovative digital creative talent to succeed.
Venue Sponsor: College for Creative Studies. Located in midtown Detroit, the College for Creative Studies (CCS) strives to provide students with the tools needed for successful careers in the dynamic and growing creative industries.
Detroit Month of Design. Programmed by Design Core, Detroit Month of Design is a citywide celebration of creativity that gathers designers and the greater community to celebrate Detroit’s role as a national and global design capital.
Graphic design support by Spoke.