We’re glad to announce Michigan State University will hold their seventh World Usability Day event, Making Social Media Work For You, on November 10, 2011 in East Lansing, Michigan. This year’s event focuses on the usability of social media and social networking, and the role they play in website and product development.
Speakers and Topics
- Return on Investment of Social Media: Marcel Santilli, Social Media and Marketing Strategist, IBM
- Usability and Social Media Design: Mary Henige, Director of Social Media & Digital Communications, General Motors
- The Adventures of @DMC_Julian: How a Hospital System Uses Social Media to Reach People: Julian Bond, Social Media/Marketing Manager, Detroit Medical Center
- Using Social Media in the Research & Development of Products: Betsy Weber, Chief Evangelist, TechSmith
- Usable Social Media Analytics: Making Sense of Metrics (Workshop): Constantinos Coursaris, Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
World Usability Day is the largest gathering of industry professionals, world-class academics, government leaders, and students facilitating the progression of usability, user experience, and user-centered design. Last year, 150 events in more than 40 countries celebrated World Usability Day.
- Date: Thursday, November 10, 2011
- Time: 8:30am to 3:00pm (speakers, lunch and workshop)
- Registration: 8:30am
- Morning program begins: 9:00am
- Afternoon workshop: 1:30pm to 3:00pm
- Cost: $30 (includes lunch)
- Location: Michigan State University Union, East Lansing, Michigan
Register online at the Michigan State University website. (You’ll need to Click “Add to Shopping Cart” and then “Check out.”) Michigan State University employees can login with their MSU ID. Non-MSU employees must click on the “Account Creation” link and follow the instructions to continue.
Questions about the registration process? Contact JoDee Fortino or call at 517-353-8977.